- Find a Lawyer - How to find a lawyer in New Mexico (New Mexico State Bar Association).
- State Bar Association of NM - A united and inclusive organization serving the legal profession and the public. Provides legal service referrals, information, publications, education, and outreach.
- FindLaw Legal Search Engine - Find law, lawyers and legal resources.
- State Bar Legal Service Providers - The State Bar of New Mexico guide to legal resources.
- New Mexico Supreme Court Library - Contains the New Mexico Register, statutes, rules and forms, and is the official site for the New Mexico Administrative Code.
- University of New Mexico Libraries
- NM Statutes - Contains the New Mexico statutes and rules, the administrative code, a table of cases decided by the New Mexico Supreme Court and Court of Appeals, and a full text of opinions published by the New Mexico Supreme Court and Court of Appeals.
- State of NM Home Page - Contains comprehensive information about the state of New Mexico.
- NM Legislature - The official site of the New Mexico State Legislature.
- NM Office of the Attorney General - Contains information on the chief law enforcement arm of the state, including an explanation of all matters in which the state is a party or has an interest. Including divisions in consumer protection, violence against women, immigrant services, and others.
- New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division
New Mexico Family Legal Services
(800) 288-7207 - Toll Free From Within New Mexico
(800) 585-7631 - Toll Free From Outside New Mexico
- New Mexico Legal Aid - Provides civil legal advocacy for low-income people and communities and provides outreach, training, education and quality representation.
- New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Department - Provides casework services, including investigation of abuse/neglect referrals on children and adults, adoption studies, maternity home referrals, foster care, and personal home care for eligible adults.
- State Bar Referral Programs - offers a 30-minute consultation/case assessment with a private attorney for only $30.
1-800-876-6227 or (505) 797-6066
M-F, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- New Mexico Coalition Against Domestic Violence -This statewide, networking service organization deals with domestic violence issues and provides a full range of family services, including counseling.
- Dads Against Discrimination (DAD) - Provides counseling and information, and guidance through the legal system.
New Mexico Court Information
- NM Courts Home - The main website for New Mexico Court information.
- About NM Courts - Lists the courts, jurisdictions, and the number of judges at each court, and explains what type of cases are tried by each court.
- NM Case Lookup - Provides access to the New Mexico District Court and Magistrate Court data.
- Administrative Office of the Courts - Oversees the budgets, the use of resources, collection and accounting, technology, human resources, the improvement of court processes, and the maintenance of the liaison with the legislative and executive branches of state government.
- Judicial Information Division - The official site of the JID, which is responsible for the automation in the New Mexico state courts, providing tools for timely, accurate, and convenient access to case information by court personnel and the public, improving court service to the public, enhancing the knowledge, skills, and self-confidence of court staff and the public to use available technology.
- Judicial Branch Directory - An alphabetical listing of New Mexico judges.
- Court Interpreter Program - Provides information about the New Mexico Court Interpreter Program.
- Judicial Standards Commission - Provides information on complaints about the New Mexico judicial system.
- Judicial Performance Evaluation Comission - Provides evaluations on trial and appellate judges and justices seeking retention in general elections.
New Mexico Courts
- Supreme Court - Provides public access to New Mexico Supreme Court and Court of Appeals opinions and court forms, and provides uniform jury instructions. The site also includes announcements, Supreme Court hearing schedules, new attorney lists and links to other judicial sites.
- Bernalillo Metropolitan Court - Contains general and specific information on this court.
- 1st Judicial District Court - Serving Rio Arriba, Los Alamos, and Santa Fe, this site contains information for plaintiffs, defendants, attorneys, judicial employees, and other members of the public on hearing schedules, maps, forms, links to related web sites, news, and more.
- 2nd Judicial District Court - The official site of the 2nd Judicial District Court, serving Bernalillo County.
- 3rd Judicial District Court - Serving Dona Ana County, this site contains information on criminal cases, domestic relations cases (divorce, child support and custody, domestic violence), probate cases, childrens' court cases (abuse and neglect of children, juvenile delinquency, adoptions) and all general civil cases (auto accidents, contract disputes, real property disputes, and violation of civil rights).
- 5th Judicial District Court - Serving Chaves, Eddy and Lea Counties, this site contains information on one of the largest districts in the State of New Mexico.
- Eleventh Judicial District Court - Serving McKinley and San Juan Counties.
- 12th Judicial District Court - Serving Lincoln and Otero Counties.
- 13th Judicial District Court - Serving Cibola, Sandoval, and Valencia Counties this site contains information on the treatment court for adjudicated juveniles.
- US Federal Judiciary - Contains information on the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals, the United States District Court, and the United States Bankruptcy Court.
- US Courts - District of NM - Contains information on the United States District Court, the United States Pretrial Services, and the United States Bankruptcy Court.
- US Bankruptcy Court - Contains information about bankruptcy court and it’s procedures.
- US Supreme Court Opinions - Contains information on the Supreme Court, the highest court in the US judicial system, and contains over 300 of the Court's most important decisions.