Low Income Taxpayer Clinic
It's NOT too early to be thinking about Tax Seasion ... No es demasiado temprano para pensar en la temporada de impuestos
... and WHY you should maybe NOT apply for a "Holiday Refund Loan"
Apply for help from New Mexico Legal Aid's Low Income Taxpayer Clinic if you ...
- Have a dispute with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Received a letter from the IRS.
- CLICK HERE for a downloadable flyer in English about the Low Income Tax Clinic.
- CLICK HERE for a downloadable flyer en español about the Low Income Tax Clinic
You have a dispute if ...
- The IRS is asking you to provide support for a deduction or credit claimed on your return;
- The IRS has denied a deduction or credit claimed on your return;
- The IRS has issued a “Notice of Deficiency” and you have 90 days to petition the U.S. Tax
- You can’t pay an existing IRS debt; or
- You owe income tax for a year in which you were married to an abusive spouse.
TIPS If you have received a letter from the IRS …
- Read the letter immediately;
- Call the IRS if you have any questions;
- Learn your rights by reading IRS Publication 1 (download a copy here);
- Document everything; and NEVER miss a deadline while you are waiting for the Clinic or anyone else to represent you.