Apply For Legal Help
Apply online for Legal Assistance !!!
New Mexico Legal Aid has resumed accepting ONLINE APPLICATIONS for legal help.
New Mexico Legal Aid assists low-income New Mexico residents with civil legal issues.
It does not generally help with criminal cases, and you should contact the New Mexico Office of the Public Defender. (However, if your criminal case is filed in a tribal court, NMLA may be able to assist & you can apply for help.)
Qualifying for help is based on:
- Income and assets of all people living in your home;
- Your citizenship status (under some circumstances we can assist even if you are not a US citizen);
- The kind of legal problem you have.
Due to limited resources, NMLA staff is not able to assist every kind of legal issue; they also cannot provide an attorney to everyone who qualifies for services.
New Mexico Legal Aid focuses on legal problems that affect basic needs such as housing, income, medical care and family safety.
There are 2 ways to apply for legal help at New Mexico Legal Aid:
- Call the Statewide Telephone Intake Line:
- Open Monday through Thursday, 10am to 3pm
- Apply online 24/7.