UPDATES to procedures about Eviction Protections ... ACTUALIZACIONES de los procedimientos sobre protecciones contra desalojos
- Utilities response to COVID-19
- New Mexico's State Medicaid Program embraces new requirements to promote telemedicine
- New Mexico extends income and payroll tax deadlines
The New Mexico Crisis Hotline for mental health,emotional crises, or substance abuse help
- New Mexico Supreme Court announces new consumer debt orders
Emergency Food Assistance
- Distribution is available through local Food Banks, lookup tool here
The Federal CARES Act (4/2/2020) Pagos de impacto económico a personas bajo la ley de cuidados (updated 4-2-2020)
- The Social Security Administration and Treasury Department announce web tool for individuals who do not normally file a tax return to register for economic impact payments
- Economic Impact Payment Web Portal Tool Website
- Important Information to Know about Accessing Your Economic Impact Payment (updated 4-24-2020) Please click below to download article of FAQ's on a May 5th deadline for SSI and VA beneficiaries
Unemployment Information(updated 12-10-2020)
- The New Mexico Worker Pandemic Relief Benefit is now available for individuals who have exhuasted unemployment benefits and a $750 payment to self employed individuals who did not recieve a federal stimulus can apply here NOTE- deadline to apply for the $750 CARES Cash payment deadline is December 11, 2020. Please click below for more downloadable unemployment information
- New Mexico Workforce Solutions has announced that the application for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) will be available 4-26-2020. All self-employed, independent contractors, and gig economy workers affected by COVID 19 should begin the process now by applying for regular Unemployment Insurance here
Please click below for more downloadable unemployment information
Housing Information (Updated 3-26-2021)
- The New Mexico Department of Finance and Administration is providing direct rental assistance through an online application here
- The New Mexico Mortgage Finance Authority (MFA) have a Housing Cost Assistance Program accepting applications here
- The MFA Assistance Program direct assistance is accepting applications beginning March 4, 2021, please click here for more information. See below for an available download on the COVID-19 Housing Cost Assistance Program in Spanish and English.
- The New Mexico Finance Housing Authority (NMFHA) has programs to assist individuals and families experiencing housing instability and can cover mortgage payments in some instances, please click here for more information.
Please click below for more downloadable information.
Small Business Information (updated 12-10-2020)
- Small business CARES Act Relief Grants are available, apply here
- Video tutorials on how to apply for CARES Act Relief Grants presented by the New Mexico Economic Development Department, view here
IRS Updates (updated 11-5-2020)
- Some economic impact payments are being sent by prepaid debit card in unmarked envelopes. Full announcement on IRS Announcement IR-2020-105 is available here.
- Accessing Your Economic Impact Payment, What You Need to Do Now! (updated 6-11-2020) Please click below to download article
- Economic Impact Payments Links and Fact Sheet via the American Bar Association
- How organizations can help individuals claim Economic Impact Payments, guide available here.
- The IRS is warning of a new tax scam via text message,The scam text states: “You have received a direct deposit of $1,200 from COVID-19 TREAS FUND. Further action is required to accept this payment into your account. Continue here to accept this payment …” The text includes a link to a fake phishing web address. More information in the downloadable links below.