Criminal Law Resources

New Mexico Legal Aid does not help people who have criminal charges filed against them, unless the charges are filed in a Tribal Court.

If you cannot afford a lawyer, the Law Office of the Public Defender may be able to represent you if charges were filed in Magistrate Court, Metropolitan Court, or a state District Court.

If criminal charges were filed against you in federal court, the Office of Federal Public Defender - District of New Mexico may be able to represent you.

Table of Contents